& IT Support
Posted Date: 03/01/2021
Location: Onsite, Cleveland, OH, USA
Part Time/Full Time Status: Full Time
Position Title: Office Manager & IT Support
Employee Reports To: HR Manager
Employee Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Job Purpose and Summary
Centerline Biomedical, Inc., a medical device start-up with high growth potential, seeks to hire a Office Manager & IT Support . This individual would work among a diverse team of experts, itself, part of a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team dedicated to achieving the successful commercial launch of a medical device and development of next-generation technologies.
Under the supervision of the HR Manager, the Office Manager & IT Support will provide general administrative support for the Company and support the Company’s information technology infrastructure. This hybrid role specifically includes (but is not limited to) professional administrative tasks for the Executive Team, ordering and preparing office equipment for current and new employees, and assisting with ongoing hardware/software configuration and network troubleshooting. This is a full-time position based in the Company’s Cleveland office.
Centerline Biomedical, a Cleveland Clinic spinoff housed in the Global Cardiovascular Innovation Center (GCIC) on Cleveland Clinic’s main campus in Cleveland, Ohio, maintains a close relationship with Cleveland Clinic and has access to the unique resources and environment of the incubator to carry out research and product development with Cleveland Clinic researchers and clinicians. More information can be found on our homepage.
Core values are integral to our work at Centerline and must align with any potential candidate, those being Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Service and Development (of people)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Writes emails and coordinates phone calls, video conferences and interviews and meetings with external and internal team members on behalf for the Executive Team.
- Performs general office duties such as processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries, and orders and takes stock of office supplies.
- Coordinates and processes domestic and international travel arrangements, monitoring designated business travelers’ logistics.
- Prepares documents for meetings and takes meeting notes upon request.
- Sets up company networks and troubleshoots for computer users on location and remote.
- Creates help documents and provides training for employees adopting new software or IT tools.
- Assists with new staff onboarding by setting up workstations with computer, printer and phone along with necessary programs.
- Supports employees in troubleshooting and solving software, computer, and network problems.
- Interfaces with company IT service providers as needed.
- Maintains accurate documentation of work and follows established written procedures with minimum supervision.
- Stays current on trends and technology as updates are released regularly for software, hardware and computer components.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve on deficiencies and creates administrative efficiencies within the company.
- Ensures efficient purchase, installation, maintenance, upgrade and replacement of equipment, software licenses, and services.
- Manages departmental and companywide inventory of employee assigned hardware and software.
- Assists with general HR functions related to recruiting, onboarding, and additional administrative HR functions as requested.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree
- Experience with a broad range of information technologies
- Experience in a role supporting internal employees
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- 1-2 year of administrative experience working in an executive support capacity preferred
- Proficiency with G Suite services including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Calendar
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent research and troubleshooting skills, with ability to draw upon internal, external, and online resources to rapidly problem-solve
- High level of computer skills and ability to rapidly learn new IT tools
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with the upmost care and complete confidentiality
- Must be able to show independent judgement as to alerting senior management to potentially serious issues
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail with ability to set priorities and adapt as they shift
The general workplace policies and procedures apply to the Office Manager & IT Support, and this position is employed as an at-will full time employee. This position may be required to work evening or weekend hours. Some degree of flexibility in core working hours is provided, as long as objectives and expectations are being met for this role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or qualifications associated with the position and may be modified from time-to-time.