Global Product Manager
Posted Date: 12/14/2020
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
Part Time/Full Time Status: Full Time
Position Title: Global Product Manager
Employee Reports To: Head of Operations
Employee Classification: Exempt, Full-Time
Job Purpose and Summary
Centerline Biomedical, Inc., a medical device start-up with high growth potential, seeks to hire a Global Product Manager. This individual would work among a diverse team of experts, itself, part of a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team dedicated to achieving the successful commercial launch of a medical device and development of next-generation technologies.
Global Product Manager will be responsible for Centerline’s Intra-Operative Positioning System (IOPS™) platform product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: product ownership, making data driven decisions based on market insights, ethnographic research, marketing and brand leadership, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering and sales to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Global Product Manager’s job will include ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals. This position reports to Head of Operations for Centerline Biomedical Inc.
Centerline Biomedical, a Cleveland Clinic spinoff housed in the Global Cardiovascular Innovation Center (GCIC) on Cleveland Clinic’s main campus in Cleveland, Ohio, maintains a close relationship with Cleveland Clinic and has access to the unique resources and environment of the incubator to carry out research and product development with Cleveland Clinic researchers and clinicians. More information can be found on our homepage.
Core values are integral to our work at Centerline and must align with any potential candidate, those being Integrity, Accountability, Passion, Service and Development (of people)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for Centerline’s breakthrough technology – IOPS™ (Intra-Operative Positioning System)
- Deliver Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirements Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples for next phase development products
- Be an expert with respect to the competition and marketplace
- Act as a leader within the company
- Role location is in Cleveland, Ohio on the grounds of the Cleveland Clinic
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Manager/Owner/Commercial leadership roles
- Demonstrated success defining and launching medical device products, in the US and outside the US
- Familiar with Design for Lean Sigma and/or House of Quality/Voice of Customer Activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Masters/MBA required
- Technical background, with experience in MedTech, Cardiac Medical Devices, and/or Imaging – Cardiovascular and/or Imaging preferred
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 15% of the time
- Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
- Ability to multitask with timely delivery of milestones
- Good financial acumen
- Proficient in utilizing computers for operational, marketing. and general systems
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Product
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
The general workplace policies and procedures apply to the Global Product Manager, and this position is employed as an at-will full time employee. This position may be required to work evening or weekend hours. Some degree of flexibility in core working hours is provided, as long as objectives and expectations are being met for this role.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, or qualifications associated with the position and may be modified from time-to-time.